Saturday, March 9, 2013

Batter up.

Today I volunteered to take our son to baseball practice, not because I needed to run errands, or talk to the coach. There were no parents I was dying to chat w/ either. I just wanted to get away from everyone.
There are certain times when we as humans just need to be alone and today was that day.
I'm not even shy about admitting the fact that I sat on the bleachers for about 15 minutes then retreated to the car. I sensed a stack of mindless chitchat coming my way, so I skulked off to the car, where I'll sit perfectly quiet for the next 50 minutes. And I couldn't be happier about it.
I just wanted to share that little beauty. Some of us Mothers feel guilty or worse we are made to feel guilty and I want to remind us that guilt is a useless emotion. Take a little time for yourself. Grab your purse and the grocery list and then just go get a coffee, come home a couple hours later w/ no groceries, order a pizza and tomorrow you will be a better gal for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment