Thursday, May 26, 2011

Guilt. It's what's for dinner.

 
I tried. I really did. I narrowly enjoy the days when I have a cold and feel it is best to lay in bed and hope to the benadryl gods that I will feel like my old self tomorrow, I guess because I get to. When my husband is gone, there is no getting sick, I know plenty of people know what I'm talking about- so ya, today, I gave it the ol' boating school try.
But... I still made dinner and did all the little things I could to help them out. I put post it notes on Q's homework and set the table for them to have a fantastic dinner, which I made before my much needed midday nap. When I woke up they were just leaving for Q's Little League game, which Eddie tried to keep me from feeling guilty for missing but I still do.
I sat out back with the dogs and washed Q's school clothes, I even did the dishes. I guess it is Mom guilt, I mean, I can't even lay in bed with a splitting headache, runny nose and plugged ears without feeling I missing something and mainly missing someone.


No comments:

Post a Comment