Monday, May 23, 2011

Home is where the heart is...

and my husband.
It is really hard to have my husband home for so long. I know I am silly for complaining, and I'm not really but he is gone a lot and when he is home for a couple few weeks, it is nice and everyone gets their fix and then he is gone again and things go back to "normal". Because in all seriousness my normal is being the man AND woman of the house. It's tricky sometimes when he is home.
Our roles gets tangled and I get all this time to myself that sometimes I don't know what to do with it. Or I do and I realize how I like to spend my time and I feel bad.
In the morning I will sometimes lay in bed and get served coffee and flip on a movie and stay there until after lunch! And sometimes I slip off to the movies midday, instead of going to the park with my husband and youngest child. In the evening, I will call the girls and see who's up for a cocktail, instead of staying home and making sure baths are had and bedtimes are met... when he is home for a week or so it isn't so obvious that I'm a bad mother/wife but now that we are talking about a month long (plus he is not going on tour until end of July...) downtime... I'm starting to wonder if I'm just a selfish bastard.



1 comment:

  1. Let's try that again.

    You need that time to yourself to be able to do it all the rest of the time. And, he needs time one-on-one with the kid(s). Guilt? No way. You should be proud of how well your family works under what many would find stressful circumstances

    ReplyDelete