Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'm part Indian and butternut squash soup.

At least I think I am... anyway here it is.

Roast a butternut squash.
375 for about 25-30 minutes. Just halve it and add a little olive oil, sea salt and 1/4 t. cumin to the cut side, roast cut side down until you can pierce a fork in the neck part easily.
Cool slightly and scoop out of pull skin off.

Saute a half of sweet onion, salt and cinnamon, about 1/4 each
for about 5 minutes, add 2 cloves chopped garlic. 1 minute
Add 2 T tomato puree
1 cup chopped spinach
Butternut
1 cup of lobster stock, veg broth or 2T fish sauce plus 1 cup water
2 T lemon juice
2 t. cumin
2 t. turmeric
1 t. paprika
1/4 or less cinnamon- taste it. Go ahead, taste it.
Add water to cover squash and simmer for about 20 minutes.

Use and immersion blender or put soup in a blender to puree- leave the hole on top of the standing blender off- believe me.

Put back into pot and add more water if it is too thick.
Salt and pepper garnish with yogurt and serve with naan or rolls.
I made Martha Stewarts "no knead dinner rolls"- yes, yes I did.

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/no-knead-dinner-rolls


No comments:

Post a Comment