Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thank you sir, may I have another?

It's official. I am a mother of 3. For some reason today, or last night, it just hit me. 
Maybe I am finally rested after my trip and it finally sunk in. I didn't get the baby love I was hoping for over the holidays- so it's nice to be home around my friends who are stoked and caring. 
I've only been home a few days but with Eddie's departure a mere 24 hours after we got home, my time to get adjusted had to be quick.
Yesterday I took him to the airport after laying in bed until the last minute. He gave our son a ride to school and took care of the baby. It was nice. Hard to get out of bed into the cold car but nice to actually get to sleep in.
When I got home my 2 year old was ready for a nap and I couldn't be happier. I put her down and went right back to my bed, where I stayed until Q's bus stopped in front of the house. 
It was an incredibly lazy day. I loved it. Today not so much. I am back in the swing of things, it's cold as shit and I don't love it, so I just keep moving.
At Trader Joe's the cashier said "oh, isn't it great having just one baby?" (my daughter was in the cart), I said "actually I have a 10 year old too" and she said "well... one of each is great!" and then I told her I was pregnant and she just looked at me and stopped talking.
It got me thinking about how moronic people are and maybe they can't help it. Maybe we, as a species, are just made that way. We try to be polite, make conversation, talk about what we see and all the while, we are idiots. Completely oblivious to any reality, lacking every ounce of tact we thought we had.
I'm guilty too. I am sure I have said plenty of ridiculous stuff. Once I was at my usual coffee shop and someone noticed my son had really long hair and they said they thought it was cool that he was a boy sporting long locks- then I immediately asked them how old their daughter was... um, it was a boy... with really long hair. So, you know- shit like that.



1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you, Eddie, and the kids on the upcoming addition to the family!

    ReplyDelete