Thursday, July 15, 2010

Eyes up here.


I have never been very good at looking people in the eye when I'm talking to them. I know it's the thing to do but it seems too personal or something, uncomfortably intimate. I mean, with Eddie or the kids I'm okay but there's something about it that makes me feel weird.
I can't help but feel like I'll get locked into a stare and it will be too weird, maybe they'll be able to see into my soul. There's a strange feeling you get when you look at someone in the eyes. There is a moment you share with that person that I guess I am not too good at sharing.

4 comments:

  1. i have to work really hard to look people in the eyes....it is uncomfortable for me too, but then i divert my eyes a lot and it makes me feel shifty, like they will think i'm trying to hide something LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. something tells me we'd get along really well. baking cupcakes, never meeting eye to eye. LOL it is hard. I find is less hard as I get older, but when I was younger it was awful and made me feel awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's like their eyes (or worse, yours!) might tell you something that you don't want to hear (see).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eyes are the window to the soul.

    ReplyDelete