Saturday, July 10, 2010

Whatcha readin' for?


We went to Barnes and Noble yesterday, mainly as an extension of our "get out of the heat" plan. We had lunch, went shopping then walked into the massive Q used to call "Barnes and Global"... anyway, I was looking for a place to sit down and feed the baby. 10 months old, still nursing, I know there are some people that think it's weird. Some think it is downright gross to see a woman nursing a baby but I don't really give a shit. Cover or no cover, a baby's gotta eat.
Q is off in the kid books, he loves to read, always has and Eddie, oddly enough, is in the parenting section. Now I didn't think too much of it at first, I was busy but later leaving the store I thought how awesome it was. Here's a guy, 43 years old, has a 9 year old and newly 10 month old (WOW) and he is still embracing the knowledge that is out there. Dude was getting his learn on. It was sexy. He picked up a book by a guy (whom I have forgotten his name*) that wrote "Blind Side" it is a journal of sorts that he wrote about each of his three daughters. Eddie stood there reading, seemingly, the entire thing and said "I'm going to get this" I was like "oh, weird, your new parenting guide?" and he said "not exactly, read the intro" then he grabbed the book from me, flipped the pages, excitedly and said "no, read this part", so I'm reading along it is about this guys' 6 and 3 year old swimming, blah blah and then the three year old yells (at some bratty boys in he pool) "YOU JUST SHUT UP YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLE". And, we're hooked.

*"Home Game" by Michael Lewis



2 comments:

  1. Excellent! At least one American who knows of Hicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bill Hicks, he is my absolute favorite comedian, ever.

    ReplyDelete