Monday, August 8, 2011

Jaded in North Wales

I was thinking today that we must be a bit jaded to spend the entire day at the hotel.
This country is beautiful, we are surrounded by castles and had every intention and plans to go out and discover and uncover... but today we woke up, had breakfast in bed and never really got out of it.
There was reading and video games, snacking and swimming... we are completely lazy and we know it.
We did decide to drive down the street and have dinner. I found a place that was about 17 miles away called Nags Head and we were heading that way but about 1/2 mile down the road there was a place called Alyn Pub, so I pulled it over. What can I say, I was weak, I needed to get back to bed before too long, my Pj's were calling.
Alyn was a total mistake. The food was whack and the service was spotty at best. We had a total of 4 people helping us and not really in a good way. It was a bad move, I took credit but I found the awesome breakfast place in Sheffield, so they haven't lost hope.
We came back to the room and put our swimsuits on for some "Wimming!, we had a blast.
Quattro is working on his stroke, he has always been a swimmer but never a "swimmer" he never wanted to learn the different stokes of swimming and so we never made him. Now that he's older, it's just time.
Back in the room now, we are watching The X Factor. It is way better than American Idol but maybe because it is the beginning and everyone sucks, it's fantastic. I love the live audience. I was bummed out because when someone was flipping channels before we went to the pool there was an episode of Real Housewives on Orange County on, I know I am showing my ridiculousness but I really, really wanted to see it. I would have absolutely gotten the worst parent award, I refrained and had a blast with my family, no tears shed over the loss of my American guilty pleasure. There will be plenty of chances for that this fall when we are back home and there are no "wimming" pools.

No comments:

Post a Comment