Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wagamama!

Sitting backstage in Antwerpen, at the... Twix? Or Trix?
Nice place, cool people.
We had dinner catered tonight, which was nice (usually we opt for a "buy out" meaning "no, don't order/make us food, give us money and we will do our own thing") tonight, we couldn't care less. I don't want a Belgium experience. I don't want to be bummed I'm leaving or see stuff I don't have time to enjoy. I'm just enjoying my family, the backstage and my kids hangin' with the Bellrays. The singer is beautiful. She is whistling and walking around, she seems cool. I didn't meet her yet, I am trying to get our crap organized. We have to unload EVERYTHING in the car and pack it all up, because we are getting in the car at 5 a.m. and heading straight for the airport. Our flight isn't until 2 p.m. but we have to ride a ferry for nearly 2 hours and drive for 2, so we will get our travel on once again but this is the first time in 6 weeks we will be heading somewhere we don't have to unpack!! It's the little things people. I am not glad to be leaving so I don't have to drive all damn day or sleep on a European hotel bed. It's not that I don't want to eat at ANOTHER restaurant, it ain't that I don't want truck stop coffee (sounds bad but in Europe- it is SO good). I'm not glad to get out of fighting with Elvis to eat when we are eating, trying to keep the milk cold (HA!) and the candy for Q to a minimum (way too much candy over here). I am not glad that I won't have to pretend to understand another "foreigner" or try not to feel bad for being a stupid foreigner "do you speak english?". It's not that I am too lazy to walk up all the fucking stairs they have, or sweat and cuss trying to squeeze one toddler, one 10 year old, three rolling luggage, a guitar, a stroller, a purse, two backpacks, a diaper bag AND two full growns. Nope. Its not any of that. To put it as simple as I can, what I am looking forward to the absolute MOST.
Not unpacking a thing, not for at least a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment